Throwing the ultimate birthday party is no easy feat. But the good news is that, when you have the right gameplan in place, you can keep yourself organized and on the ball. To help make planning easier, we’ve assembled the ultimate birthday party planning checklist just for you. Here’s everything you need to throw an incredible party no one will forget.
Think about the items that you need
The first step in your plan of attack is to draft your birthday party plan. Grab a piece of paper or pull up a Google doc and make a list of all the items you need for your party. These are a few things you’ll definitely need:
- Birthday cake (or alternative): The birthday cake is a birthday staple. Determine whether you’ll be buying the cake, making the cake yourself, or if you’ll be designating the cake-buying duties to someone on your planning team. It’s also good to consider whether you need a birthday cake alternative like a cookie cake, ice cream cake, or a pie.
- Food and beverages: Food and beverages are a must-have for every party. Determine what kind of platters you need for your party and budget for beverages like soda or alcohol. Consider which local stores in your area would be the most budget-friendly option to get everything from.
- Decorations: Birthday party decorations include balloons, streamers, tablecloths, and centerpieces. You can either get these from your local party shop or you can DIY them to get the right look you’re going for. When you’re thinking about decorations, make sure the type of theme you want. If you don’t have a theme in mind, you opt for a specific color palette to help you narrow down the different color decorations you’ll be getting.
- Custom birthday t-shirts: Up to 91% of Americans have a favorite t-shirt, which makes custom t-shirts are a great way to separate the person you’re celebrating from the crowd. Custom t-shirts are especially great for kids who like to feel in the spotlight on their special day. Spider Man birthday party shirts, Fortnite birthday party shirts, or a custom party tee of your own are all great options that can take the party up a notch.
Reach out to people a few months before
A few months before you plan to throw your party, it’s important to do a few specific things including:
- Choosing a date: Choosing a date too far in advance can be a problem because you might not have a good idea of what the weather will be like for your party. You might also not be able to get reservations for party rentals or rooms that far in advance. That’s why the sweet spot is best two to three months before you plan to have your party.
- Pick a venue: If you don’t plan to have the birthday party at your house or the home of a friend, you’ll want to take a look at different venue options in your area. It’s important to book your venue in advance to make sure you’re able to get your spot.
- Order supplies: If you’re planning on DIYing your decorations or decorating custom t-shirts, now is the time to start ordering supplies. You want to be sure you have plenty of time available to make decorations, centerpieces, and more.
- Create your guest list: It’s especially important to create your guest list two to three months in advance of your party if you plan to send your invites via mail. This is because it takes anywhere from one to two weeks for your invitations to arrive. If you plan to invite guests over Facebook, you can typically send an invite out between one to two months in advance. However, it’s still a good idea to create your guest list ahead of time.
It’s no secret that planning the ultimate birthday party can be hectic. But the pay-off is definitely worth it for a well-organized party that everyone enjoys. Fortunately, if you’re on the hunt for custom t-shirts for your upcoming birthday party, we already have you covered. Cuztom Threadz offers a variety of custom t-shirts for birthday parties with a variety of themes. To learn more about our custom order birthday shirts, contact Cuztom Threadz today.